Cat Dies After Little Girl Tries To Clean It In The Washing Machine

June 13, 2017 8:34 pm
Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

An Idaho grandmother is warning other parents with children of what her granddaughter did to their cat on Thursday afternoon.

Jamie Prestwich tells the eastidahonews.com, that her 3-year-old granddaughter put their black cat named Addie into the washer and turned the machine on. “The washer started, and my daughter, who didn’t know the machine was running, put my granddaughter down for a nap,” Prestwich said. “A little while later, my daughter went downstairs and realized the cat was inside the washer. She opened the door and found that Addie was dead.”

Credit: Q13 FOX

Prestwich’s granddaughter thought the cat was dirty and it her solution was to give it a bath. Every night, she does the laundry with her grandmother, so she knows where the buttons are, and now she’s tall enough to reach them herself. “She thought she was helping and that the cat would be OK,” Prestwich says. “It was just a horrible accident, and we’re heartbroken.”

While cats killed or harms in washing machines is rare, it still does happen. Usually, the cat gets into the washing machine without the owner knowing, and without human assistance. A cat in California named Natasha went through an entire wash cycle back in 2013 and earned the Veterinary Pet Insurance Company’s, “Most Unusual Claim of the Month.” Natasha survived, although she suffered from severe hypothermia and shock and was taken to an emergency animal hospital.

Credit: pinterest

“Pet owners need to remember to shut their laundry room doors and check machines before starting them up,” said Dr. Mike Nield of the Sunnyside Veterinary Clinic in Idaho Falls. “I’ve treated a cat who got stuck in a freezer and my own cat was even trapped in our dryer for a few days. Cats like to jump into things and hide, so owners need to be aware.”

Prestwich said that her granddaughter “broke down bawling” once she realized the cat had died. They had to bury Addie that night, and Prestwich hopes her devastating story prevents similar situations like this from happening to other families. “Use the child-locks on the washing machines and teach your kids what can happen if you put animals inside,” she says. “It’s just a sad ordeal.”

Has your child ever tried to do anything like this?

Let us know in the comments and please SHARE this story with your friends and family on Facebook!

[Featured Image Credit: pinterest]

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.

HEADLINES

Firefighters Come To Bride And Groom’s Rescue Afte... A newly married couple will have a story to tell their grandchildren after their wedding day was saved by the volunteer fire department. The couple h...
Mom Intentionally Lets Snake Bite Baby To Teach He... A Florida mom is under police investigation after she posted a video to Facebook showing her 1-year-old daughter being bitten by a red ratsnake.The...
Nearly-Blind Rescue Dog Gets Contact Lenses One New York couple will do absolutely anything for their four-legged companions, so when one of their elderly rescue dogs was struggling to see, they...
70-Year-Old Woman Survives 5 Days Trapped In A Car... A 70-year-old woman has been reunited with her family after a scary incident left her trapped in her car at the bottom of an embankment for five days....
Dogs Are Inseparable After Being Rescued Together ... Growing up on a meat farm is a nightmare for any dog. But two snow-white dogs, Kenji and Sophia were lucky enough to have each other. The dogs grew u...
Mom Is Accused Of Pulling Out Son’s Teeth With Pli... A Utah woman is facing child abuse charges after police say she pulled two of her son’s teeth out in a Walmart bathroom.According to ABC4 Utah, poli...
Grandmother Accidentally Locks 2-Year-Old Boy And ... A little boy and a puppy were rescued from a scorching hot car in New Jersey after the child’s grandmother accidentally locked the keys inside the veh...
Dog Chained To Wall For Its Entire Life Is Finally... As a woman was driving along the highway in Miguel County, New Mexico, she spotted a dog in chains. According to The Dodo, it was apparent the dog ha...
s2Member®